Monday 17 October 2011

Preliminary Task Film and the Editing Process

Editing Process

After I had finished filming I turned my attention towards how to edit the shots together. The only special effect in transition I used was the fading out of the clock into another shot of the clock, but at a different time to show the progression of time. I feel this was a more successful route than to simple cut from one shot to the other. I did however hope to try to superimpose the first shot over the top of the other. Unfortunately this was unable to happen and so I decided to use another transition.

I hoped to keep the editing nauralistic and believe to have done so. Having never been overly confident in the area of editing film, I feel as though during this task that I have built on my skills and confidence. Also with the edition of the music/sound effects joined with the video helps to set the atmosphere. The creating of music has never been my strong point, but again having to re-learn the skills that are needed have helped to increase my knowledge of music and it's effects.

Finished Preliminary Task Film




What have I learnt?

In doing this task I have learnt of the continuity techniques and how they are used in film. I know this will help me when I come to creating my opening film sequence as I know how effective they are when used correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment