Wednesday 14 December 2011

Editing Film Sequence

Since all the filming was on schedule, I have managed to go straight into editing my film. Thankfully because of storyboarding the whole sequence, going through the selection of film clips and placing them into the correct order was simple.

Then it just a case of cutting down the clips of film I wanted and making sure they they were fluent in their transition between shots. This was essential when editing the shots for the match-on-action technique. However I feel that I have done this effectively, especially the three shots that feature Natalie (Olivia Lewis) walking the her bedroom door, across the room and then finally opening her wardrobe door.

When editing the shots containing the dialogue between the actors I realised a slight mistake. My actor Barney Nunn (Adam) had said two pieces of his dialogue that was meant to be split between two shots into one, because Natalie (Olivia Lewis) was meant to reply inbetween. Luckily, with Final Cut, I have managed to cut the shot after Barney (Adam) has said "Hello sweetheart. Are you alright?". Then putting the clip of Olivia (Natalie) saying her line; "Y...Yeah, I'm fine". Followed by using the rest of the  film clip of Barney (Adam) speaking the other line of dialogue; "Great. Shall we go?". This proved to be  overcome as I have shown this swapping of dialogue between the two characters and no-one had suspected the editing and cutting of Barney's dialogue.

Also later on I realised another mistake, but this only concerned my production logo. My idea of 'A carrot cake production' was created in a series of still-shots that gradually built up the number of letters shown. Unfortunately, it was only during editing these pictures that I spotted that I had misspelled the word 'production', having forgotten the letter 'c' in the word.

Therefore I must re-create my production logo and do the stages of the still-shots again as well. However, that has provided some important feedback about my production logo. I now know exactly how my production logo will look and the comments about it appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment