Sunday 18 December 2011

Editing Sound


After cutting and editing all of my film clips, I moved on to editing the volume of the unwanted background noise and dialogue. I found that silencing the background noise was simple to do. However I did find that trying to control the volume of the song that plays continuously throughout the sequence, to then quieten it enough to hear the dialogue spoken was harder.


I wanted a smooth motion of difference in volume of the song when the dialogue was introduced. I did play around with the volume at first, to get a feel for the controls of how to edit the sound. This proved useful as after a few tries I managed to lower the volme in stages with the beat of the song. It appears less noticeable, then if the sound was lessened out of timing with the sound. I was pleased with the finishing result of the sound adjustments, the music suits well to the shots and the dialogue can be heard clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment