Sunday 11 December 2011

Filming Day

Luckily all my shots were filmed on schedule. A slight incident happened with the mise-en-scene when filming the shots set in the dining room. However I feel that this was overcome with some adjustments of the furniture. Also we attempted to create a bruise on Natalie's (Olivia Lewis') arm. Unfotunately this didn't show as well as I hoped during filming.


I was slightly worried about how my credits would appear in film, but some have turned out quite well. My second credit which is on a towel, I thought would be diffulcult to film because of the movement from the actor lifting it. Therefore before filming both myself and the actor (Olivia Lewis), had a few practise runs at lifting the towel without tilting the credit.



With another one of my credits I wanted to try something a little different. So I wrote onto a mug a credit, then layed my camera on a tea-towel on the table to then pan around the mug. After the I had stopped panning Natalie (Olivia Lewis) would lift the mug out of the shot. This helped to continue the narrative, making the action appear smooth and not random.



Another credit that I was pleased with was included in a shot involving a wardrobe. In the shot Natalie (Olivia Lewis) opens the wardrobe door to expose the credit 'costume design'. I placed this credit in this shot when Natalie gets her coat, because of the link between the clothing and costume design. This work well and the background that the writing is on stands out from the wood of the wardrobe door.



My favourite credit was my final one, which included both the title of the film 'Speak Out' and a credit. I wanted these two to be chalk written onto a brick wall. This proved to make them both stand out in the shot. Also I think this credit is the better one of the credits to be incorporated into the film. I was able to do this because my location for my film is my friends house, who is also the actor for Natalie (Olivia Lewis). She gave me permission to write in chalk on the wall, then once filming was completed I washed off the writing immediately myself.



Unfortunately one of my targets of feedback about the dialogue was not met. The imput from my actors on the day of filming was little, as they both couldn't think of what else to add to my original dialogue. This was also the same for myself, I didn't want to do too much dialogue that would give away too much of the film so early on. Therefore the dialogue is the same/similar as what I wrote in the script.

Overall, I feel that filming went really well and was successful in getting all of my shots done. Although I am slightly disappointed that I couldn't think of ways to further extend my dialogue, but I am happy with the results from both my actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment