Saturday 7 January 2012

Adjusting the Volume


Finally after choosinng the music to accompany the 'Carrot Cake' production logo I repeatedly played the opening the get a feel for what the different music sounded like starting one after the other. This luckily revealed to me that the music ending in a straight cut, followed immediately by the mext, sounded horribly and unfinished. Therefore the resolve this issue I adjusted the volume to gradually fade out as the next piece of music came in. This proved to be very effective and improved the quality of the opening sequence.

When I played through the opening a few times more, I felt that the volume needed to be further adjusted. I did this with both the 'Carrot Cake' and 'Tricky Films' production logos.


(Left: the first edit of the volume for a 'Carrot Cake' production. Right: the readjusted edit of the volume for a 'Carrot Cake' production.)

No comments:

Post a Comment