Monday 16 January 2012

Planning Feedback Questionaire

After finally completing my first edit of my opening sequence I plan to create a questionnaire that will accompany a viewing of my first edit. From this I hope to find some improvements that can be made, as well as some comments from people about what they think is effective about my opening sequence.

A majority of my questions are asking if they can spot any areas of improvement, but also if I've managed to communicate across to my audience what I wanted to be seen in the sequence.

For example,



My aim relating to the characters was not to stereotype the male character of 'Adam', causing the audience to immediately assume that he is abusive. This could have been done through the mise-en-scene when 'Adam' was introduced into the storyline. His costume could have been possibly being bald, tattoos, as well as a low gruff voice and shouting at 'Natalie' the moment he saw her. The lighting around  him would have been dim, casting shadows across around; overall giving him a very dark and unnerving persona.

However, I wanted 'Adam' to remain non-stereotyped in his appearance. This would give a better sense of realism to the character as those who are abusive do not always look as they are stereotyped. Although in his dialogue at the end of the opening sequence I wanted the audience to start assuming what Adam's character is like.

Question number 10 simply asks the question of whether or not I have been successful in conforming to enough conventions of the social realism genre to make it recognisable.

No comments:

Post a Comment