Monday 21 November 2011

Music For Sequence

Upon completion of my storyboard and script, I turned my attention to what music I would use in my sequence. I felt that the music should be relevent to my main character's (Natalie's) emotions about relationships; already I knew that I wanted something acoustic. Inspiration struck me when I thought about the many unsigned bands/artists in Bury St Edmunds that I could use. Luckily a few weeks back I went to an event called 'Bury Sound', where various bands/artists from Bury St Edmunds performed. One of the artists from the competition performed with only an acoustic guitar (Lewis Mokler) and had recorded his own songs onto Youtube. After listening to his collection of self-written songs, one seemed to fit the profile of the song I wanted. This song was called 'Bubble-Wrapped Heart' and the lyrics suited to the character of Natalie being cautious about a relationship after Adam's abuse.


Of course I e-mailed Lewis Mokler to ask his permission to use his music for my film sequence, and thankfully was granted permission.



This is the URL where I downloaded the music:
http://lewismokler.bandcamp.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment