Monday 21 November 2011

Storyboarding

I have found that whilst storyboarding my opening film sequence has helped me to process all the different variety of shot types that I want to use. Because of this I have made sure to include as many shot types as I can, yet not over-loading the sequence.


I've also included a few continuity techniques within the sequence.

180° Rule

(Establishing shot)

Match-On-Action


Eyeline Match


As the developement of the storyboard has progressed it has made me more aware how how long my shots should be compared with ofther films within the social realism genre. There is a tendency to have longer shots than you would find in a horror film. I feel that I have done this quite well, however some of my shots could possibly be last for a more extended period of time than I have written down. Although I do not feel this is a major issue at the moment as some timings may change during the filming process depending on numerous variables.

At times for some of the shots, I have found drawing the specific angle I want was difficult at best. Fortunately, I feel that a better description of the cinematography I wanted was given in the instructions of the script.

For some I have used an extreme close-up shot to make it easier for the audience to read the credit.



Whereas for other credits I've used a medium shot to keep the narrative moving, while also showing the credit.



I've added in extra shots from my original sequence that I had planned. These include an over-the-should and close-up while tracking.



They help to keep the audience involved in the character's movements and help to change the POV (point of view). Changing from viewing the character, to seeing things more as they see them. It also provided a better way of transition from the character being in one environment to another. Also breaks down the length of time it takes for the character to move. Instead of one long continuous shot of the character walking down to the kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment